- Halloween, 10/31 - Practice cancelled ONLY if on a WEEKDAY.
- Thanksgiving: Practice cancelled ONLY the DAY OF and when on a WEEKDAY.
- Christmas: 12/24, 12/25
- New Year's: 12/31, 1/1
It does not make a difference whether school is closed or not for the holidays, OUR swim team holiday schedule is completely separate from the Nazareth School District.
Practice times remain the same (evenings 5:00 pm - 8:45 pm) during school holiday breaks.
- It is the YMCA policy to close the pool during the storm plus 30 minutes after the last heard thunder clap.
- WE ALWAYS MAKE THE CALL ON DECK at practices and meets, NEVER before. So, definitely show up.
- If it blows over, we still hold that practice or later practices, or continue the meet.
INCLEMENT WEATHER (snow storms, ice, high winds, etc.)
- The YMCA policy is that when the Nazareth School District is closed for inclement weather, we cancel swim practice (at least for the initial day). As a result, our swim team families can usually know what to expect ahead of time if communication lines are down.
- There are occasions we make exceptions for multiple school day closings. School may be closed for 2-4 days, but we return to swim practice after 1-2 days. Either way, we always send out an email to confirm each day, so please go primarily by that.
- When the school district is closed for weather, and thus, the swim team follows suit, but the YMCA and the pool is open for members, you may still swim on your own. So, if you have the time, please bring your swimmer to get in a few laps.
- To clarify, we only follow the Nazareth School District for inclement weather practice cancellations, no others, AND even that's not all the time either. It's just a general rule of thumb in how to interpret the more nuanced policy.